PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS - FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE YOUR ROUTER TO PERMANENTLY BREAK
- Check the current version of the R1 firmware you are on by scrolling to the bottom of your Netduma R1 interface. If you do not know how to do this, please read this guide.
- If you are on version 1.03.6 (e.g. 1.03.6j etc), proceed to the next step. IF YOU ARE ON A LOWER VERSION E.G. 1.03.3, THEN A FIX MUST BE MANUALLY PUT ON YOUR ROUTER TO PREVENT IT FROM PERMANENTLY BREAKING. PLEASE READ THIS GUIDE TO ENABLE THE FIX
- Assuming you are on v1.03.6, download the DumaOS firmware from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzep9jc2b8wzgrh/dumaos-18.104.22.168.sig?dl=0
- On your Netduma R1 interface, click Upgrade on the bottom corner of the left hand menu
- Ensure ‘Preserve Settings’ & ‘Check Version’ are checked
- Click ‘'Choose File’ & navigate to where you downloaded the upgrade file and click open.
- Click ‘Upgrade’.
- The upgrade will now begin. It will take around 3 minutes. DO NOT unplug your router during this time. You will be taken to the DumaOS landing page screen when the upgrade has been completed. If you have been waiting for over 3 minutes and the page has not reloaded, double check that your WiFi has not automatically connected you to a different network while you were waiting. If this has happened, reconnect back to the Netduma R1
- If the rare event that you get an error message please contact us on the support forum and do not turn off the router.
After installation has completed you are ready to setup DumaOS! Please use the following links to help you get started:
You can downgrade back to the original R1 firmware any time you wish to. Follow these instructions.