DumaOS is a powerful router operating system that gives you control of your home network.
It is pre-installed on the NETGEAR Nighthawk XR500, XR450 and XR700.
Setting up your Router
The first step in accessing DumaOS on your router is to connect a PC or laptop to your router. You can do this either with a wired or wireless.
If using WiFi, search for your router’s Wi-Fi name (SSID) and enter the password.
- On the Netduma R1, the default name is 'Netduma R1' and the password is the serial number taken from the label on the bottom of the router (do not enter the '/' and the final three characters after it.
- On the R2, the SSID will be NetdumaR2 and the password is printed on the underside of the router.
- On the Nighthawk routers, the default name and password are on a label on your router
DumaOS is compatible with most Internet browsers. For the best experience we recommend using Google Chrome; although you can use Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 as well.
In your browser, type the following into your address bar:
- Netduma R1 users should type: 192.168.88.1
- Netduma R2 users should type: 192.168.77.1 OR simply use http://dumaos/
- Nighthawk users should type: routerlogin.net or the router’s LAN IP address (which by default is 192.168.1.1) into the address bar
You will then be asked to sign into your router. The default details are:
Make sure to type these in lower case and in English
Netduma R1 Users: You should now be on the router interface. You can click the 'i' icon in the top right corner to select a welcome tour to understand more about DumaOS. To setup your router optimally, we recommend you follow these Optimal Settings Guides
Netduma R2 Users: If this is the first time the R2s been installed, you'll be greeted with the initial setup page. You are now at the R2s interface, here you can configure and optimise DumaOS for all your home networking and gaming needs, we'd suggest following our Optimal Settings Guides. If you haven't already, you'll be greeted with the initial setup guide.
Nighthawk Users: A welcome tour and setup wizard should now introduce you to DumaOS. Follow this tour to get started and we recommend you follow these Optimal Settings Guides once the tour has completed.
We hope you enjoy using DumaOS.