Ping Assist on DumaOS is very powerful, so you could choose to use Ping Assist as a pure Ping Filter. This means you no longer filter by distance, you just filter by Ping. Here's how to do this:
- On the Geo-Filter, make sure the device(s) you want to Ping Filter are set to Filtering Mode in the Device Panel
- On your Geo-Filter Map, click the home pin icon and move the centre of your home to the middle of the Ocean
- Now shrink your Set Distance radius to the lowest amount. This should now mean your Geo-Filter range covers no land area. It should look like this:
- Expand the Geo-Filter Map options. This is in the top left corner of the Geo-Filter Map panel (three horizontal lines
- Now set your Ping Assist value. We recommend between 30ms to 50ms. For example, if you set it to 30ms, anything with a ping less than this value will be allowed through your Geo-Filter no matter where they are located in the world
- You can then decide if you want to enable Fast Search. Enabling Fast Search makes Ping Assist work much faster, which should make finding games quicker. However, this may occasionally mean you allow a connection that is above your Ping Assist limit.
- Now play your favourite game. Note: if you are playing Black Ops 4, we always recommend rebooting your game after making Geo-Filter changes. There's a crucial network check the game does at bootup. So if you're not getting the lobbies you like, reboot the game and it should be better the next time.
- On rare occasions, Ping Assist may block connections below the threshold. This is usually due to the netcode of the game. If this happens, restart your game and it should work great the next time