See all available firmware for your DumaOS powered router
To see our progress on new DumaOS firmware, check this KB article.
Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming
Please follow the links to your Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming's Software and Downloads page
- Mobile view: New priority boost button - lets you temporarily prioritise any traffic type
- Mobile view: New Ping Optimiser feature - which finds the best QoS settings for your home
- Mobile view: Revamped Connection Benchmark to split out into a separate Speedtest and Ping Test
- Support for Work From Home protocols
- Added Data History
- Connection Benchmark upload result no longer affected by Congestion Control
- Added Hybrid-VPN fixes
- System-wide websocket improvements
- Setup process uses both desktop and mobile view to automatically configure more of DumaOS
- System-wide improvements to CPU and memory usage
- Ping Heatmap front-end fixes
- Improved stability of back-end processes
- Improved clean-up process system-wide on shutdown
- Improved wireless stability
- Added support for Wireguard in Hybrid VPN
- Added ability to use specific IPv4/IPv6 DNS in HybridVPN
- Fixed issue with DHCP service crashing
- Added better backend flash usage monitoring for preventing long-term issues
- Added improved configuration system allowing for faster and more stable integration of new features
- Fixed issue where Wi-Fi password wouldn’t match label after reset
- Multiple security improvements
- Fixed ‘Rapps not loading’ issue (Big thanks to @pollutionblues for all his help troubleshooting this)
- Fixed Hybrid VPN DNS leak issue
- System-wide GUI improvements
- Added cloud gaming and Work From Home categorisations for QoS
- Added VLAN Support
- Added Public IP viewable on Network Status panel - can be toggled on/off
- Added Set Home by address on Geo-Filter
- Added a Report button to the ping panel - use this to report an abnormal ping, incorrect server type, server required for online play or other (e.g. incorrect location) direct from the Geo-Filter
- Added Resync button to Device Manager
- Changed Device Manager Table View panel order
- Network Monitor Category Breakdown viewable by default
- System-wide GUI improvements to both cosmetics and Security
- Increase DHCP cache size to 10000 avoiding DHCP being filled up with only 1500 requests
- Improved wireless devices Traffic Prioritisation
- Fixed IPv6 devices not being assigned a DHCP IP sometimes
- Fixes for DumaOS webserver for GUI to operate smoothly
- Improve DPI detection services
- Improved Bandwidth Allocation backend
- System-wide GUI improvements.
- Memory usage improvements.
- Added new Copy to Clipboard button for information generated by Rapp Performance and Device Manager > Wi-Fi Scan (also a new addition).
- Fixed initial tour throwing errors if ‘Next’ clicked too early.
- Fixed various issues with upgrade process.
- Fixed various vulnerabilities.
- Improved Wi-Fi band steering.
- Improved Wi-Fi range coverage.
- Fixed Wi-Fi settings not preserving on firmware upgrades.
- Fixed Wi-Fi station details displaying incorrectly if the device is disconnected.
- Fixed 5GHz channel not starting correctly when splitting the channels.
- Added auto Wi-Fi channel detection, picking the least noisy Wi-Fi channel to achieve better results.
- Added Wi-Fi channel width setting for greater control.
- Added Wi-Fi region setup to the setup wizard.
- Added Wi-Fi radar detection DFS channels.
- Added Wi-Fi Performance feature to devices.
- Added Wi-Fi Scan feature.
- Added more Wi-Fi stations information for better debugging.
- Fixed Ping Heatmap displaying multiple graphs when spam-clicking.
- Congestion Control Auto-Setup is now less aggressive - users should see improved results.
- Improved QoS Stability.
- QoS now loads quicker on start-up.
- Fixed QoS not always loading correctly.
- Fixed QoS crashes and stability issues.
- Fixed Congestion Control Auto-Setup layout issues when zoomed in.
- Fixed "Applying Settings" popup appearing when Auto-Setup loads.
- Fixed Congestion Control Auto-Setup button.
- Fixed Auto-Setup not always setting the slider.
- Fixed incorrect padding around auto-setup bars.
- Fixed Auto-Setup throttling below 1%.
- Fixed issues with Speed Test when WAN is disconnected.
- Fixed Ping Under Load test not working correctly.
- Device status will update between online and offline much faster.
- Fixed Device Manager crashes.
- Fixed Device Manager spam messages about device status.
- Fixed issue where devices sometimes have no name.
- Fixed issue when adding a new device causing Rapps to fail.
- Fixed Traffic Controller causing DumaOS to fail loading
- Fixed MAC cloning to update the device interface correctly.
- Removed MAC address cloning toggle, added reset button.
- Added more special characters for Wi-Fi password entry.
- Updated to use new multi-threaded webserver for faster GUI loading.
- Download the file above
- Open DumaOS at 192.168.77.1 or /dumaos/
- Click the three dots in the top right of the interface
- Click Update
- Click 'Select Upgrade File' and choose the file you just downloaded
- Click 'Upgrade' and wait about 5 minutes for the update to apply
- Do not unplug your unit during this time!
- Ping Assist v2: it's back and it’s better than ever. Ping Assist lets low ping hosts to connect to you even if they are outside your Geo-Filter limit, helping you to quickly find high quality, low ping games.
- Hybrid VPN: apply your VPN to your entire network and also choose the devices and applications you want to put through your VPN using DumaOS Deep Packet Inspection.
- Advanced Ping Stats: see the Server (Host) Tickrate and Receive Rate, as well as your own Client Tickrate and Send Rate. This allows you to see the quality of your game's connection in far more detail than ever before.
- Device Manager Enhancements: shows every device on your Network and you can now view this as a sortable table, to give you easier administration.
- Go to your R1 interface (usually at 192.168.88.1)
- In the top right corner, click the icon that looks like a clock with a circular arrow around it. (Pre-DumaOS, go to the Upgrade option in the left-hand menu)
- Select the upgrade file from wherever you saved it onto your PC then click Upgrade.
- It will take about 60 seconds for your R1 to upgrade, so please be patient. DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR ROUTER DURING THIS TIME
- You should automatically be taken back to the interface. If this does not happen, check your PC hasn't connected you to a different WiFi whilst the R1 was temporarily offline. The default login details are admin and password