Performing a factory reset on the Netduma R1 is easy, though you should only do this as a last resort if the router is not functioning correctly or to clear your settings. Factory resets should not be carried out on a regular basis, as in most cases a simple reboot will resolve any minor issues without any risk.
Performing a Factory Reset from the user interface
To perform a factory reset, first click on the 'i' (Information) icon on the header bar of DumaOS. This will open the 'Information' box shown below:
Click on 'Factory Reset' and wait for the router to fully reboot before trying to use the interface again. This process will take around two minutes.
After a factory reset is performed, your settings will be reverted to default and your password will become 'netdumar1'. You can change your password by clicking the 'Account Settings' icon on the header bar of DumaOS.
Performing a Factory Reset using the Reset button
If you are are not able to access the user interface to factory reset your router, you can manually push the reset button down on the back of your Netduma R1. Follow these instructions:
- Make sure your Netduma R1 is powered on
- Using a small, thin object like the tip of a pen or a paperclip, push down firmly on the Reset button found on the back of your Netduma R1. It's a small hole which says 'RES' above. Continue to press down until you see all the lights blink on and then off
- Stop holding the button down and wait to hear a beep. Your router is now factory resetting. Wait for about 1 minute for the factory reset to complete
- After the factory reset has complete, please note the following:
- The WiFi name is Netduma R1
- The password is now netdumar1
- To access the user interface, the default credentials are admin and password - make sure you type these in English and lower case
- You should now be able to access your R1 which has been restored to default settings. To setup your router optimally, we recommend you follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646